Wednesday, January 4, 2012

'I'd rather choose Louboutins over therapy to cope with bullying': Nicola Roberts on fame and those 'ugly' taunts

By ANDREA MAGRATH

Overcoming the bullies: Nicola Roberts strikes a sultry pose in the new edition of Instyle magazine as she reveals she'd rather spend money on Louboutins as retail therapy than actual therapy

She has overcome being called 'the ugly one' from Girls Aloud, fought back at her bullies and blossomed into a style-setting, cosmetic brand owner with a critically acclaimed album under her belt.
In a new interview and gorgeous photoshoot with InStyle magazine, Nicola Roberts, 26, reveals how she'd prefer to spend money on retail therapy - in the form of Christian Louboutin heels - than on the real deal.
'It’s too bloody expensive,' she says of the counselling she sought to tackle the years of bullying. 'I’d rather sit there all night thinking until I couldn’t think any more, then reward myself the next day with a pair of Louboutins.

Looking good is the best revenge: The singer, 26, shows off her enviable long legs and perfect complexion in the gorgeous photoshoot

'But therapy did make me very deep, because I had to search for the reasons why these things were happening to me.' Roberts reveals that she buried herself in literature to learn how to cope with the taunts from her critics.
'I think it’s important, especially today, when judgment seems to be spiralling out of control. I’d use what I’d learnt on the girls too, a bit like I was the group counsellor.
'So if Sarah [Harding] would be in a certain mood, or Kimberley [Walsh] said something out of character, I’d work out why and explain to them, "It’s because you’ve only had three hours sleep. You’re tired!"
'Although I think I could be quite annoying at times.'

In her interview with the magazine, Nicola recalls how her life changed when she went from schoolgirl to popstar almost overnight - and how different her life in Cheshire was to the red carpets at A-list events that fame brought.
'I remember the record company taking us to The Ivy and looking at the menu and me saying, "What the hell is coriander? Is it a cheese?" '
It just wasn’t her life, she reveals.

source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment

//PART 2